Fermentation Fundamentals is an easy-to-follow comprehensive course in creating nourishing fermented foods.
We will cover all the basic information you need to know before you begin; why fermentation is all the rage, what actually happens during fermentation and how you control what happens in your ferment, and the minimal equipment you need to get started (spoiler: you don't need fancy kits or expensive sachets of dried bacteria!), plus much more. You'll gain an incredibly thorough knowledge of the process of fermentation so that you can ferment perfectly on your first try! Then we will go through step-by-step how to make a wide range of ferments, from vegetables to beverages to condiments...
You will learn:
- Kombucha (1st & 2nd ferment)
- Water kefir (1st & 2nd ferment)
- Milk Kefir (plus kefir cream, kefir cheese, and "milk-free" milk kefir!)
- Beet Kvass
- Dilly Cucumber Pickles
- Probiotic Carrot Sticks
- Tomato & BBQ Sauce
...With additional recipes uploaded throughout the year, to keep you fermenting new produce as the seasons change!
For your one-time payment of $70 (NOW DROPPED TO $15!), you receive lifetime access to:
- All 10 Basics modules (educational videos and downloadable PDFs) - value: $150
- All 13 Foundation Ferments (step-by-step videos and downloadable PDF recipes) - value: $195
- New recipes for seasonal ferments (like your own online fermentation cookbook!) - value: $50
- Ongoing support and advice in the comments of each module - value: priceless
- Exclusive member discounts on traditional cultures and future products - value: entirely up to you!
...That's a great deal!
Sarah has been teaching eager students the traditional craft of fermentation for several years now, via in-person and online workshops. She is passionate about leaving you with no questions, and all the knowledge and confidence you need to ferment safely and successfully at home on your very first try!
StartModule 1 - Welcome to Fermentation Fundamentals! (1:50)
StartModule 2 - My Fermentation Story (3:14)
StartModule 3 - WHY is everyone talking about Fermentation?! (5:30)
StartModule 4 - WHAT is going on in a ferment? (3:52)
StartModule 5 - Equipment, Part 1 (Jars, Knives, Water Filters?) (6:25)
StartModule 6 - Equipment, Part 2 (vegetable starter cultures?) (2:51)
StartModule 7 - Equipment, part 3 (wild traditional cultures!) (0:58)
StartModule 8 - Salt, Brine & Oxygen (3:51)
StartModule 9 - Sterilising (1:39)
StartModule 10 - What are Prebiotics? (1:52)